RiverMaps Guide to the Middle Fork and Main of the Salmon River
The Guide to the Middle Fork and Main Salmon Rivers is a must-have guidebook for your trip down the Salmon. Durable and waterproof, with USGS maps and excellent descriptions of river features.
Authors: Duwain Whitis & Barbara Vinson Size: 9"W x 14"H waterproof paper Pages: 76 Map Pages: USGS 7.5" color topo reproductions Scale: 2,000 feet per inch (1:24,000)
- This book covers the entire permitted portions of Idaho's Salmon river, from the Boundary Creek launch site on the Middle Fork to the Carey Creek take out on the Main Salmon.
- Spiral bound format with full color topo maps on right side and complete text descriptions on the facing page.
- Color photos highlight some of the river's more famous attractions and features.
- Excellent mile by mile information on rapids, campgrounds, geological features, historical sites and reference points.
- The topo maps are the same scale as the original USGS maps. The contour lines and accurate shape of the river really help you keep track of where you are.
- The maps in this 3rd Edition have been upgraded to show topographic relief shading and more legible text.
- The high quality waterproof paper really stands up to the soaking it's going to get!
- The book lists numerous side hikes and interesting features away from the river.
- There are also info pages on frequently asked questions about boating the river, area geology, archaeology, resources protection and plants found along the river.
- Available for in-store pickup