ALL ORDERS OVER $249 RECEIVE FREE SHIPPING.
This frame is in stock and NO wait for build time!
Dimensions: 82" Long x 72" Wide
This particular frame will fit directly on your 14' Rocky Mountain Raft or Hyside 14" XT. Don't forget the poly deck or your custom poly deck table!
Includes oar towers and kick bar. (Frame pictured with optional accessories: seat and poly deck)
Based on the Colorado Single Rail frame, the Down River Colorado 4-Bay Double Rail Raft Frame XD has the additional structure, support and rigging options of two inner side rails. This frame is ideal for extended trips, but isn't overkill for the day floater. This frame efficiently carries a large cooler and dry box and has an additional bay for extra storage or seating for passengers with storage underneath. The frame easily breaks down into nine pieces to be packed by car, plane or burro. The Down River Colorado 4-Bay Double Rail Raft Frame XD includes oar towers and kick bar. (Frame pictured with optional accessories)
We design our frames with safety and functionality in mind. Only Down River frames provide maximum storage in your cargo area by utilizing designs that don’t waste space.
- The optional captain's seat pivots forward to allow 100% access to the area underneath. An ideal space for a cooler or dry box
- Optional mesh captain’s seats are easily removable (via two snap pins) and double as a camp chair. (Usually for the person that forgot their folding chair.)
- DRE has integrated its kick bar into a cross bar. Which allows our kick bar to support a cooler or dry box and still provide a firm place to put your feet. It adjusts to an angle that exactly suits your foot position. Designed to allow two different angle settings; one for you and if you have a taller/shorter person rowing your rig, the other position will make them happy too. (Kick bar angles should be selected and pinned during initial frame setup.)
- Optional Poly Decks can be hinged with our new Deck Hinges.
- All cross bars are fully adjustable to accommodate different sized gear in the future.
- Super quick break down for portage or transportation. Loosen 10 sets screws and pull 4 snap pins … it’s that simple.
- DRE’s standard oar towers are the best there are and provide all the adjustability you need to get the perfect rowing position.
- The towers easily adjust forward or backward to accommodate any arm length.
- Built in 12° offset to provide the correct relationship between the oar shaft and oar lock. If further adjustment is needed the towers can be easily canted in or out.
- By design, our oar towers are initially “extra tall” to accommodate even the tallest rower. During an initial one time set up, the bottom of the oar tower needs to be cut off to lower the oar lock to the best height for you.
- DRE’s oar tower system allows you to make all the adjustments you need to get the exact stroke that you like. This is most appreciated in big water where “every little bit” counts.