CHOOSE TO HAVE IT SHIPPED TO YOU FOR A FLAT SHIPPING RATE OF $49 OR FREE LOCAL PICKUP IN DURANGO, CO.
IN STOCK NOW!
This particular frame will fit directly on your 9.5' Aire Tributary, Aire PUMA, Starlite 10.5', 10.5' Rocky Mountain Storm, Rocky Mountain 12', Hyside 10.5 Mini Max, and the Hyside Outfitter 12'.
Introducing the Gunnison series of light weight, plug n' play frames. The Down River Gunnison 2-Bay Raft Frame LD is our sportiest frame in the Gunnison series. Small and lightweight it's an ideal day frame designed for rafts up to 13ft to stay as light as possible. Built to fit a good sized cooler for day trips, throw in your dry bags and you're ready for an overnighter. The Down River Gunnison 2-Bay Raft Frame LD includes oar towers, kick bar, and low back seat.
All DRE frames are designed with safety and functionality in mind. Only DRE frames provide maximum storage in your cargo area by utilizing designs that don’t waste space.
- The tractor seat is mounted to the cross bar
- DRE has integrated its kick bar into a cross bar. Which allows our kick bar to support a cooler or dry box and still provide a firm place to put your feet. It adjusts to an angle that exactly suits your foot position. Designed to allow two different angle settings; one for you and if you have a taller/shorter person rowing your rig, the other position will make them happy too. (Kick bar angles should be selected and pinned during initial frame setup.)
- All cross bars are fully adjustable to accommodate different sized gear in the future.
- Super quick break down for portage or transportation. Loosen 10 sets screws and pull 4 snap pins … it’s that simple.
DRE’s standard oar towers are the best there are and provide all the adjustability you need to get the perfect rowing position.
- OPTIONAL Poly decks are hinged via straps to allow easy access to the gear storage area below the deck.
- The towers easily adjust forward or backward to accommodate any arm length.
- Built in 12° offset to provide the correct relationship between the oar shaft and oar lock. If further adjustment is needed the towers can be easily canted in or out.
- By design, our oar towers are initially “extra tall” to accommodate even the tallest rower. During an initial one time set up, the bottom of the oar tower needs to be cut off to lower the oar lock to the best height for you.
- DRE’s oar tower system allows you to make all the adjustments you need to get the exact stroke that you like. This is most appreciated in big water where “every little bit” counts.
DRE only uses the very best of materials and manufacturing processes for our products. It is our intention to provide a frame that will stand up to the biggest whitewater for many decades. The pipe we use is 1 1/4” (1.625” O.D.) 6063 alloy Schedule 40 T6 aluminum extruded in a process designed specifically for DRE to give the best combination of weight and strength. We use the thickest Clear Anodizing for maximum durability. The main hoop is made with swaged joints in conjunction with bent corners to provide great strength and super quick break down. We only use Hollaender Al-Mag 535 fittings, which are the best available. These fittings have physical strength characteristics comparable to malleable iron at one-third the weight.
- LD Pipe1.25in (O.D. 1.625in; I.D 1.38in) 6063 T5 Schedule 40 (.135in) Anodized Aluminum Alloy
- Fittings Hollaender Al-Mag 535 fittings