This frame is in stock and NO wait for build time!
Our most popular raft frame is designed to be our most versatile for rafts. The Colorado XD Single Rail can hold everything needed for multi-day expeditions, but isn't overkill for day floats. This frame efficiently carries a large cooler and dry box as well as an optional seating area for passengers with storage underneath. The simple design breaks down into seven pieces to be packed by car, plane or burro.
Dimensions: 84" Long x 70" Wide
This particular frame will fit directly on your 14' Rocky Mountain Raft, 14' Hyside XT Raft, 14' NRS Otter 140, Aire 16' Tributary, and the Aire 160 DD. Don't forget the poly deck or your custom poly deck table!
Includes oar towers and kick bar. (Frame pictured with optional accessories)
- The optional captain's seat pivots forward to allow 100% access to the area underneath. An ideal space for a cooler or dry box
- Optional mesh captain’s seats are easily removable (via two snap pins) and double as a camp chair. (Usually for the person that forgot their folding chair.)
- DRE has integrated its kick bar into a cross bar. Which allows our kick bar to support a cooler or dry box and still provide a firm place to put your feet. It adjusts to an angle that exactly suits your foot position. Designed to allow two different angle settings; one for you and if you have a taller/shorter person rowing your rig, the other position will make them happy too. (Kick bar angles should be selected and pinned during initial frame setup.)
- Optional Poly Decks can be hinged with our new Deck Hinges.
- All cross bars are fully adjustable to accommodate different sized gear in the future.
- Super quick break down for portage or transportation. Loosen 10 sets screws and pull 4 snap pins … it’s that simple.
- DRE’s standard oar towers are the best there are and provide all the adjustability you need to get the perfect rowing position.
- The towers easily adjust forward or backward to accommodate any arm length.
- Built in 12° offset to provide the correct relationship between the oar shaft and oar lock. If further adjustment is needed the towers can be easily canted in or out.
- By design, our oar towers are initially “extra tall” to accommodate even the tallest rower. During an initial one time set up, the bottom of the oar tower needs to be cut off to lower the oar lock to the best height for you.
- DRE’s oar tower system allows you to make all the adjustments you need to get the exact stroke that you like. This is most appreciated in big water where “every little bit” counts.