RiverMaps Guide to the Green River in Desolation and Gray Canyon
The Green River flows through Desolation and Gray Canyons in Utah and this RiverMaps™ guidebook shows you the way through all the rapids, campsites and places of interest.
Author: Duwain Whitis Size: 9"W x 14"H - waterproof paper
- Covers the 84 mile trip from the Sand Wash put-in to the Swaseys Ramp takeout.
- RiverMaps guidebooks are made by river runners for river runners.
- These large format books are printed on tough synthetic waterproof paper and spiral bound so they lay flat and can take the waves, splash and wear of a river trip.
- Opened up, the left side page has mile-by-mile descriptions of major rapids, campsites and features of interest. There are also great color photos that illustrate the text.
- The right side page features color USGS topographic maps at the scale of 2,000 feet to the inch (1:24,000). There's no better way to keep track of where you are on the river.
- But wait, there's more. In the front of the book is lots of information about the river, the landscape and the flora and fauna.
- The front six pages are chock full of BLM contact info and regulations, tribal contact and permit info, weather, geology, archaeology, history, ecology and resource protection wisdom.
- No matter what other resources you have, this guidebook is really an essential tool for enjoying these magnificent river trips.
- Available for in-store pickup