RECEIVE FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $249
THIS FRAME WILL BE IN STOCK APPROXIMATELY FEBRUARY 1, 2021
Fits the Aire 156R, Aire 156D, Aire 16' Tributary, Aire 160 DD, Hyside 14' XT, Rocky Mountain 14', Maravia Zephyr, NRS E140, NRS Otter 140, Maravia Williwaw 1.5 and other 14'-15' rafts.
The same as our most popular Colorado Diamond Plate frame, it combines durability and practicality, and has all the features you'll need for a true gear hauling rig. The diamond plate decks make for secure footing when rigging the boat and can also be used for additional gear storage. This frame is designed for 14' rafts and is ideal for extended trips, but isn't overkill for the day floater. This frame efficiently carries a large cooler and dry box and has an additional bay for extra storage or seating for passengers with storage underneath. The frame easily breaks down into nine pieces to be packed by car, plane or burro. Frame includes kick bar and oar towers. (Frame pictured with additional accessories).
82" long x 74" wide, with 11" diamond plate side platforms The cross bars are set at our factory with the following bay dimensions from front to back; 13", 19.5", 20" (rowers foot well) and 19.5". Each cross bar has 7" of adjust-ability fore/aft, so you can fine tune your bay dimensions as needed. Extra Duty Frames are the toughest, most durable on the market.
- The pipe we use is 1½” (1.9” O.D.) 6063 alloy Schedule 40 T6 aluminum extruded in a process designed specifically for DRE to give the best combination of weight and strength. We use the thickest Clear Anodizing for maximum durability.
- The main hoop is made with swaged joints in conjunction with bent corners to provide great strength and super quick break down.
- We only use Hollaender Al-Mag 535 fittings, which are the best available. These fittings have physical strength characteristics comparable to malleable iron at one-third the weight.
All DRE frames are designed with safety and functionality in mind. Only DRE frames provide maximum storage in your cargo area by utilizing designs that don’t waste space. (Frame shown with additional accessories)
- The optional captain's seat pivots forward to allow 100% access to the area underneath. An ideal space for a cooler or dry box
- Optional mesh captain’s seats are easily removable (via two snap pins) and double as a camp chair. (Usually for the person that forgot their folding chair.)
- DRE has integrated its kick bar into a cross bar. Which allows our kick bar to support a cooler or dry box and still provide a firm place to put your feet. It adjusts to an angle that exactly suits your foot position. Designed to allow two different angle settings; one for you and if you have a taller/shorter person rowing your rig, the other position will make them happy too. (Kick bar angles should be selected and pinned during initial frame setup.
- Optional Poly Decks can be hinged with our NEW Deck Hinges.
- All cross bars are fully adjustable to accommodate different sized gear in the future.
- Super quick break down for portage or transportation. Loosen 10 sets screws and pull 4 snap pins … it’s that simple.
- DRE’s standard oar towers are the best there are and provide all the adjustability you need to get the perfect rowing position.
- The towers easily adjust forward or backward to accommodate any arm length.
- Built in 12° offset to provide the correct relationship between the oar shaft and oar lock. If further adjustment is needed the towers can be easily canted in or out.
- By design, our oar towers are initially “extra tall” to accommodate even the tallest rower. During an initial one time set up, the bottom of the oar tower needs to be cut off to lower the oar lock to the best height for you.
- DRE’s oar tower system allows you to make all the adjustments you need to get the exact stroke that you like. This is most appreciated in big water where “every little bit” counts.