The Cataract SGG Oar Shaft, Counter Balance, Wrap and Stop is designed to flex like wood and rebound like carbon, the SGG transfers muscle power into stroke power, providing the most definitive oar responsiveness available. It's little wonder then that this oar would be one of our most popular. Clear, Toughened Urethane provides a glossy, low-maintenance finish. The Cataract SGG Oar Shaft, Counter Balance, Wrap and Stop is Ideal for most any water conditions and all-purpose use.
You don't have to know rocket science to row a boat, but it helps to have gear made by a company who does. Cataract shafts are made with the same filament wound glass/carbon/epoxy composite technology used by the aerospace industry.
- Blades Sold Separately. Shaft lengths are listed here as including the blade. Please see the Specs Tab for ACTUAL shaft lengths
- These oars perform like no others, translating muscle energy into stroke power more effectively than other oars, giving you the ultimate in oar responsiveness.
- The SGG oar shaft flexes and rebounds like wood without the weight or need for maintenance.
- 1/8" thick grips cushion the handles.
- Blades are sold separately so that you can choose the width and brand that best suits your needs. The removable blades also permit easy storage and transport.
- Shaft lengths are listed as the final length, which will include the approximately 27" long blade you choose (sold separately). For a list of ACTUAL shaft lengths, please click on the Specs tab.